Outdoor Class Protocols:
Kymberley will be using Music Together Family Favorites 2. This is available on Amazon and iTunes. There is no book for this collection.
Kymberley drives in from over an hour away. Each Saturday morning she will decide weather to move all classes for that day to Sunday or to move them online to Zoom. We won’t be doing anything special to heat the space. We intend to hold classes in cold temperatures but not in blustery conditions, and certainly not if there's a strong prediction of precipitation.
What to Bring.
Each family should have a bag that contains instruments for EACH person in attendance. They can be homemade or purchased.
- Rhythm sticks OR wooden spoons
- Egg Shakers OR homemade shakers made from small bottles partially filled with dried beans, rice or popcorn.
- Scarves. The most fun scarves seem to be colorful, sheer and light enough to float.
- One small drum to share between the people in your group. This can be a large plastic bowl turned upside-down.
- A small blanket to define your space. Not too big. The ground may be wet so perhaps it would be good if it had a plastic lining.
- Stay Home if you or anyone in your family has any symptoms of illness
- Stay 6 feet apart from non-family members.
- Ages 3 and up, wear a face covering over your nose and mouth until you reach your spot. Once you are seated on your blanket 10 feet from others, you may take off your face covering.
- Do not share instruments or blankets with anyone outside of your family.
- If your child starts to wander, please bring them back to your blanket.
- Once the semester has begun, no refunds
- 40 minute long, in-person, socially distanced classes.
- 10 families maximum per class.
- Each family that signs up should bring their own blanket, (grass may be wet), stuffed animals, rhythm sticks, shakers, and scarves.
- Registered outdoor families can schedule make-ups for virtual classes ONLY.
- Spots are available on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Location: St. Mark's Episcopal Church, 301 A Street SE. No facitlities will be available. The church will be locked and we will not have access.
- Click here to view the entire class schedule.